PSSI has organised its 10th NATO Summer School 2014
For the 10th consecutive year, Prague Security Studies Institute (PSSI) together with NATO Public Diplomacy Division has joined their modest forces to organize Summer School of 2014 entitled - “NATO´S SECURITY CHALLENGES“. The Summer School was held between July 6 and 11 at the military recreation facility in Měřín, located on the right bank of Slapy dam about 60 km south of Prague.
Having attracted the highest calibre of speakers and top graduate students spanning the globe, this summer school was a one-week seminar on global developments and most pressing challenges in the current security discourse. This year, PSSI received a record number of applications and selected students were given the chance to interact with like-minded students from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, both in and out of class. It enabled them to enlarge their personal and professional networking, which is arguably one of the most valuable assets in today´s globalized world.
This weeklong forum was realized by prominent government and NATO officials, leading NGO security policy experts, private sector executives and distinguished academic scholars.
Some of the topics discussed during the course:
- NATO in New Strategic Environment
- NATO´s Partnerships
- Article V and Collective Defense I
- Cyber Security
- NATO – Finland Relations
- Next Generation of Sanctions: Market-Based Tools
- Afghanistan after 2014: What´s next?
The speakers included among others:
- Jiří Schneider – Senior Fellow, PSSI
- Petr Luňák – Deputy Head of Outreach Countries Section, NATO Public Diplomacy Division
- Marcin Zaborowski – Director, Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Roger W. Robinson, Jr. – President and CEO of RWR Advisory Group
- Janis Kazocins – former Director of the Constitution Protection Bureau (SAB)
- Keir Giles – Conflict Studies Research Centre, UK Defence Academy
- General Petr Pavel, M.A – Chief of the General Staff, Czech Armed Forces
- Pauli Järvenpää – Senior Research Fellow, International Centre for Defence Studies
- Petr Pelz – Executive Director, PSSI
- Benjamin Haddad – lecturer at Sciences Po Paris
To learn more about our summer school and to see the program and list of all distinguished speakers, please click here.
NATO SUMMER SCHOOL 2017
13th Annual PSSI Summer School, in cooperation with NATO Public Diplomacy Division and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
“NATO in the Age of Hybrid Warfare“
July 9-15, 2017 (Měřín, ... more »
On April 5, PSSI and CEID co-organized a closed-door roundtable that presented preliminary findings from two ongoing projects – “The Development of Economic Relations Between V4 and Russia: Before and After Ukraine” and “Raising ... more »
On March 22, 2017, PSSI held its fourth Space Security Conference, in partnership with the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington D.C. The conference, entitled "Space Security: Issues for the New U.S. ... more »
The Prague Security Studies Institute (PSSI) contributed to the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament eLearning Course prepared by the EU Non-Proliferation Consortium and funded by the European Union. In 15 different learning units, participants can be ... more »
On March 28, RMSSP students welcomed Ondřej Horváth, a security expert of the leading Czech humanitarian organization People in Need.
The deliberation started with the presentation of mechanisms assessing security threats of ... more »
On March 16–17 PSSI, in cooperation with its Serbian partner ISAC Fund held a conference "Civilians in Multilateral Missions" at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. The conference was a key event within the ... more »